Dated: November 10, 2015
We may collect and process the following kinds of information on this website:
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. information from which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, professional credentials or other similar information (“Personal Information”)) when you voluntarily provide this information to us or when you give permission to others (such as your healthcare provider) to share such Personal Information with us. If you only read or download information on our website, we do not collect or learn your name, e-mail address, home address or other personal information about you.
- Non-personally identifiable information relating to such things as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of our visitors and the browser version you are using, the URLs of websites you visited before and after using our website, the date and time of access, the time spent on our website and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers.
- We may also request from time to time that you provide us with additional demographic or other personal information through responses to questions or surveys or through your use of online and downloadable health-related tools we may provide.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information in a variety of ways. Your Personal Information may be used to respond to your inquiries or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or agree to receive which we feel may be of interest to you, or to invite you to participate in surveys or research about our products. If you do provide Personal Information to us, you agree we may contact you through a variety of methods including e-mail, postal mail and telephone. In addition, we may use both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information to improve the content of our websites, to customize our websites to your preferences, to understand how our visitors use our website so that we can improve the website and the customer experience and for internal research purposes. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and for purpose of system administration. We may also aggregate your Personal Information with other data that you may have provided offline, or that we have collected from third parties, and use such aggregated data to help us improve our products and services.
If you contact us to report on your experience, or the experiences of your patients, with the use of our medicines, we may contact you for follow up information. We may also use the information you provide to submit reports of adverse events to government agencies, such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency or as otherwise required by law or government audit.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we reorganize, sell, transfer or purchase any product, or all or part of our business or assets, in which case we may share your Personal Information with prospective purchasers and other business partners and may transfer your Personal Information to the actual purchaser.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our legal notice and other agreements, to respond to authorized information requests of government authorities, the courts, and law enforcement agencies, for corporate audits or to protect the rights, property or safety of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, our investors or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to respond to complaints or security threats.
You may choose to discontinue your consent to use your Personal Information by “opting out” or “unsubscribing” if you decide that you no longer want to participate in a program or receive additional information from us.
Where We Store Personal Information
Personal Information collected on our websites may be stored, transferred to, and processed in your country of residence or any other country in which Jazz Pharmaceuticals or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents maintain facilities, including the United States.
How We Protect Your Personal Information We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. Jazz Pharmaceuticals uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures consistent with applicable privacy and security laws to protect your Personal Information as you transmit it to our websites and to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The data you provide us will be held on a secured web server operated by Jazz Pharmaceuticals or a third party performing services on our behalf. Unfortunately, the confidentiality of any Personal Information or the transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure or error-free, and we cannot guarantee the security of any data or Personal Information transmitted to us. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and our websites is solely at your own risk.
We use session cookies (which exist only until you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which last for a longer period of time), as described below:
- Strictly Necessary cookies
Some of the cookies on our website are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Analytical/Performance cookies
Analytical/performance cookies are used to improve our website, gather aggregate usage metrics to analyze how visitors use our website in order to help deliver a more personalized service, including enabling us to track the interests of our users, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, to recognize our users when they come to our websites, to store information about user preferences and allow us to customize our website in accordance with user interests, and to speed up searches. These cookies are used to analyze how visitors use our website and to monitor our website’s performance. For example, we may check which pages get the most visits and the average time spent on our website. We use this information to improve how our website works. These cookies do not record personal information that identifies you; the information that we receive from them is in the form of aggregated statistics.
These cookies are stored on your device even when you close your browser but can be deleted as described below.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies allow our website to provide a more personal experience and allow us to remember any choices you may make. These cookies are stored on your device even when you close your browser but may be deleted as described below.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies by default, but you may change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from websites. You can also delete cookies stored on your device through your browser. Please refer to your browser instructions or Help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings. More information about cookies is available at http:// www.allaboutcookies.org.
However, if you configure your browser to disable the cookies, you may be unable to properly use certain parts of our website. We and our third party tracking-utility partners may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our website by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We may use clear gifs in any HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Email You may elect to receive emails from us. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the links available in our emails. On some of our websites, you can choose to use a “Send” or “Share” service to send content from the website to someone else. In such case we will ask you for information such as their email address as well as your name and email address. The information you provide will be used to send a single message by us on your behalf. This information will not be collected or stored for any additional purpose. By providing us with this information you affirm that you are entitled to provide it to us.
Links to Other Websites Our websites may contain links to and from websites maintained by third parties that may provide useful information to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Children Under 13 Our websites are not intended or aimed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly directly collect personally identifiable information from visitors to our website who are under the age of 13 without parental consent, nor do we market our websites to anyone under the age of 13. We ask that if you are under the age of 13 not to send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals Privacy Office
1818 Market Street, Suite 2350
Philadelphia, PA 19103